Welcome to Wellness Pediatrician
This is a website dedicated to empowering parents and physicians to promote healthy lifestyle habits in children. It focuses specifically on six specific areas in Lifestyle Medicine: healthful eating of a whole food, plant-based diet, physical activity, sleep, stress management, connecting with others to form meaningful relationships, and avoidance of risky substances.
There is strong evidence to support the use of lifestyle optimization to prevent, treat and even reverse chronic disease in adults. If we raise our children to have healthy lifestyle habits beginning in childhood, we are setting them up for success as they enter adulthood.
You can make a difference now.
The abundance of information on the internet can be overwhelming for parents. Our mission at Wellness Pediatrician is to provide curated content to make online research easier for parents. In addition, it serves as a repository for wellness information so physicians can point their patients to one place when providing advice on healthful living.
MEET DR. CHERIE CHU
The founder of Wellness Pediatrician Cherie Chu, M.D. DipABLM is a board certified pediatrician who is also a certified diplomate of Lifestyle Medicine.
She is a native Californian receiving her Bachelors of Science degree in Biochemistry/Cell Biology at University of California, San Diego and her medical degree at University of California, Irvine. She did her pediatric residency at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland (formerly known as Children’s Hospital and Research Center Oakland). She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and a member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine.
She currently practices outpatient pediatrics in a large multispecialty medical group located in San Diego. She incorporates her knowledge of Lifestyle Medicine into her daily interactions with her pediatric patients and their families.
Dr. Chu is a mother of twins and is in the trenches of parenthood alongside many of you. She credits her children as being her greatest teachers. She takes joy in intertwining her experience personally and professionally in her voice.
She is passionate about helping children form healthy lifestyle habits. She believes teaching children to have a mindset that optimizes their lifestyle habits will lead to immeasurable benefits lasting into adulthood.
As a physician, she has been trained to look at the evidence. Discerning between what is real and what is not on the internet can be both time consuming and challenging for busy parents. She hopes to make Wellness Pediatrician a trustworthy and reliable resource for both parents and pediatricians on the topic of pediatric wellness.
We hope you find this site useful as you embark on the journey to bring wellness to your child’s life whether it is right from the start or wherever you are in your journey. It is never too late to start.
- Lifestyle Medicine is a Prescription to Treat Physician Burnout – KevinMD
- Should Kids Drink Plant-Based Milk? – Sharp Health News
- Top 10 Tips for Health and Wellness – Sharp Health News
- Lifestyle Medicine is a Prescription to Treat Physician Burnout – The Podcast by KevinMD
- Healthy Habits from the Start with Dr. Cherie Chu – Veggie Doctor Radio Podcast
- Please note the information presented on this site is for educational purposes only. Always ask your doctor who is familiar with your specific circumstances before making any decisions about your or your child’s health.
- Usage of this site and/or contact with Dr. Chu does not constitute a physician patient relationship.
- The content found on this site represents the views and opinions of Dr. Chu and is not representative of her employer.